input interrupt [DRAFT]Created at 2016-10-23T06:55:05.000Z
- input handling as single thread, how is this possible?
- does game engine need another thread for waiting for input? (one thread needs to update frame constantly.)
- USUALLY POLLING!? http://www.glfw.org/docs/latest/quick_guide.html#quick_process_events
- Device -> Kernel -> Driver (module) -> Device file -> User process
- for tty-based process (e.g. bash), what's matter is only current /dev/tty (char device file).
- for user program run from shell (without taking on /dev/tty), it's interactive input (stdin) is under shell's control.
how getty gets input at raw tty
how terminal on x gets input (x (window manager) needs to manage which application to send)
signal handler is polling?
- how is input handling done in Urho3D/SDL?
- does it need another thread to wait for input from window system?
- let's start from basic ui library