(NOTE: I introduced a concept, "Semantics part1" and "Semantics part2", but obvoiusly this is not an official term.)
Latest snapshot as of writing: https://www.w3.org/TR/2015/NOTE-css-2015-20151013/
- basic terminology: https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/conform.html
- Semantics part1
- Semantics part2
- "dynamic" part of semantics in the sense that each part of document tree affects how each other will be presented on a media.
- Box model: https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/box.html
- Visual formatting model (simply content positioning and sizing)
- important concepts (well-defined terms):
- viewport vs. canvas
- element vs. box
- containing block
- block-level element, block-level box, principal block-level box, block container box, block box (seriously?)
- inline-level element, inline-level box, atomic inline-level box, inline box
- anonymous inline/block box
- positioning schemes (normal flow, floats, and absolute positioning)
- normal flow
- block formatting context
- inline formatting context
- line box
- relative positioning
- calculation of "computed value" to "used value"
- stacking context and level
- obviously, a good thing is "Semantics part2" doesn't affect "Semantics part1".
- how about
calcfunction as property value?
- that is the matter of https://www.w3.org/TR/css3-cascade/#value-stages and "computed value" belongs to part1 and "used value" belongs to part2
- how about
The list of
dfnfrom standard, simply running below inside the document.
Array.prototype.slice.call(document.getElementsByTagName('dfn')).map((dfn) => dfn.innerText)) ```
things I want to follow ?
- architecture, data structures
- layout (positioning and sizing)
- rendering (compositing, hw accelaration)
- programming lauguage interface (binding)
- ui event handling
- Blink: http://www.chromium.org/blink
- Videos from BlinkOn: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIfQb9u7ALnOE4ZmexRecDg¨B¨K22K¨B
- Blink perspective networking: http://caca.zoy.org/wiki/libcaca
- layout: Source/core/layout
- relation to other parts of Chromium (or just understand what each top level directory is)
- content/ (render process)